- New PTPTN rules soon
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Moyes driving us mad!
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- PM, sultan to open bridge today
- Stiff Everton test for Gunners
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- 'No place for Shia'
- 8 injured as express bus overturns More
KUALA LUMPUR: For stealing two cans of beer, an Egyptian carpenter today got a day's jail and RM100 fine.
Khaled Abdelzaher Imam Sayed Hezgazi, 47, pleaded guilty to stealing two cans of beer at a retail store at Jalan Changkat, Bukit Bintang, Dang Wangi, here, around 11.30pm on April 24.
When the accused walked out of the shop with two cans of beer without paying, a worker informed the shop owner about it.
He was picked up by police the next day.
The two cans of beer were valued at RM23.70.
Khaled works in a furniture shop.
Magistrate Erry Shahriman Nor Aripin ordered the accused to serve ten days' jail if he does not pay the fine,
Prosecuting Officer Inspector E. Chandra prosecuted.
A representative from the Legal Aid Bureau appeared for the accused.