- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- BANTING MURDER: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- S. Korean girl killed by suicide jumper
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- KL vehicle number plates to start with W, ends with A
- Moyes is the real deal
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- US soldier accused of secretly taping naked women
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London More
KUALA LUMPUR: For stealing two cans of beer, an Egyptian carpenter today got a day's jail and RM100 fine.
Khaled Abdelzaher Imam Sayed Hezgazi, 47, pleaded guilty to stealing two cans of beer at a retail store at Jalan Changkat, Bukit Bintang, Dang Wangi, here, around 11.30pm on April 24.
When the accused walked out of the shop with two cans of beer without paying, a worker informed the shop owner about it.
He was picked up by police the next day.
The two cans of beer were valued at RM23.70.
Khaled works in a furniture shop.
Magistrate Erry Shahriman Nor Aripin ordered the accused to serve ten days' jail if he does not pay the fine,
Prosecuting Officer Inspector E. Chandra prosecuted.
A representative from the Legal Aid Bureau appeared for the accused.