- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was a humble and good man, says ex-employee
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's body arrives in Penang residence More
JOHOR BARU: Eight people were injured when three gunmen fired 13 shots in a restaurant in Taman Johor Jaya here at 1.30am today.
The restaurant owner, in his 50s, was among those who were shot.
Seri Alam police chief Superintendent Roslan Zainuddin said there were seven people seated at a round table. One of the victims was in the kitchen cleaning up as the restaurant had already closed.
Roslan said priliminary investigations revealed the three gunmen had arrived in a car and fired random shots.
"Some of the victims were sent to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital while some were sent to the Sultan Ismail Hospital," he said, adding that their conditions were reported to be stable.
"We have yet to ascertain the motive of the shooting. The case is being investigated under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder," he said, adding that no one has been picked up yet.
"From the bullet casings found at the scene, at least 13 shots were fired and the weapons used were pistols," he said.