- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Woman killed in crash
- Football: Man United cut adrift in Premier League More
JOHOR BARU: Eight people were injured when three gunmen fired 13 shots in a restaurant in Taman Johor Jaya here at 1.30am today.
The restaurant owner, in his 50s, was among those who were shot.
Seri Alam police chief Superintendent Roslan Zainuddin said there were seven people seated at a round table. One of the victims was in the kitchen cleaning up as the restaurant had already closed.
Roslan said priliminary investigations revealed the three gunmen had arrived in a car and fired random shots.
"Some of the victims were sent to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital while some were sent to the Sultan Ismail Hospital," he said, adding that their conditions were reported to be stable.
"We have yet to ascertain the motive of the shooting. The case is being investigated under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder," he said, adding that no one has been picked up yet.
"From the bullet casings found at the scene, at least 13 shots were fired and the weapons used were pistols," he said.