- MISSING MH370: Fishermen find life raft near PD
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- MISSING MH370: RMAF chief denies military radar report
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Terengganu police receive report on explosion in Marang
- MISSING MH370: China says SAR efforts expanded to land areas
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet More
JOHOR BARU: Eight people were injured when three gunmen fired 13 shots in a restaurant in Taman Johor Jaya here at 1.30am today.
The restaurant owner, in his 50s, was among those who were shot.
Seri Alam police chief Superintendent Roslan Zainuddin said there were seven people seated at a round table. One of the victims was in the kitchen cleaning up as the restaurant had already closed.
Roslan said priliminary investigations revealed the three gunmen had arrived in a car and fired random shots.
"Some of the victims were sent to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital while some were sent to the Sultan Ismail Hospital," he said, adding that their conditions were reported to be stable.
"We have yet to ascertain the motive of the shooting. The case is being investigated under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder," he said, adding that no one has been picked up yet.
"From the bullet casings found at the scene, at least 13 shots were fired and the weapons used were pistols," he said.