- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Moyes driving us mad!
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- Stiff Everton test for Gunners
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- PM, sultan to open bridge today
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu
- A party determined to transform More
JITRA: There is sufficient supply of meat, chicken and eggs to meet demand for the Aidilfitri celebration, Deputy Agriculture and Agrobased Industry Minister Datuk Wira Mohd Johari Baharom said today.
He said the Veterinary Department and the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Ministry were currently monitoring the supply of meat, chicken and egg, as well as other daily essentials, and also to ensure they were sold at reasonable prices.
The ministry had taken proactive measures with the expected increase in the demand for the food items, he told reporters after giving away the 'bubur lambuk' (a type of porridge) to the public at the traffic light intersection at Taman Tengku Maheran Bandar Darulaman here yesterday.
He advised those wanting to slaughter cows, buffaloes and goats to obtain permits from the Veterinary Department to ensure their animals were free of the hand, foot and mouth disease.
He also advised the public to get their food supply, like fish, meat, vegetables and fruits at the 475 farmers' markets nationwide as their price were five to 30 per cent lower than the market price.
The Federal Agriculture Marketing Authority (Fama), he said, would hold special festive season sale at 98 selected farmers' markets in the country. -- BERNAMA