- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- East coast may be hit by second flood wave
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- Soi Lek's son up for MCA veep post
- 'Make Sunni Islam official religion'
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- 'Extend AP system to 2020 to help Bumis'
- World Cup draw 2014: Boateng brothers to square off again in Brazil More
KUALA LUMPUR: The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) is launching another campaign to boost awareness among contributors to name their next-of-kin (inheritors) for their savings from today until Oct 19.
The campaign involved using newspapers and radio, promotions at service counters and EPF's Calls Management Centre, official Facebook and Twitter (KWSPBuzz) sites, said EPF's Public Relations General Manager Nik Affendi Jaafar.
"The message of the campaign this time reminds members on the importance of naming their next-of-kin as a reflection of love for their families and the difficulties of dependents when death takes place.
"As such, it is very important for members who have yet to name their next-of-kin to do so quickly," he said in a statement, here, today. He said members could nominate anyone but were advised to name their closest relatives such as their spouses and children.
"For Muslim members, the next-of-kin only acts as administrator who is responsible for distributing the savings under Faraid law (Islamic Law of Inheritance).
Nik Affendi also said members should name their next-of-kin when they were healthy to avoid any attempts at cheating by certain quarters seeking to influence the decision of members when they were unwell.
Members needed to fill up the EPF 4 form and send it personally to the closest EPF branch to nominate their next-of-kin, he added. BERNAMA