- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- New passport improvement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Siti Hanisah conquers world's highest peak
- Probe into teachers using social websites to slander govt - Ahmad Said
- Suspicion grows over swift selection of MB
- Obama sets new rules for drone attacks More
LONDON: Former Liverpool defender Miki Roque has died at the age of 23 after losing his battle with cancer, the English Premier League club announced on Sunday.
The Spanish player was on Liverpool’s books between 2005 and 2009 and was part of their FA Youth Cup winning team in 2006.
He made just one substitute appearance for the first team in a Champions League clash with Galatasaray in December 2006.
After being released by Liverpool in 2009, he joined Real Betis but was diagnosed with pelvic cancer in March, 2011.
“Everyone at Liverpool Football Club would like to send their thoughts to Miki’s family at this sad time,” said a Liverpool statement.
Former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez tweeted: “I would like to offer my sincere condolences to the family of my former player Miki Roque, it is a tragedy to lose such a good boy so young.” - AFP