- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- 11,000 go without power in Terengganu
- Malaysia's national economic transformation initiatives won world's accolades
- Jln Cenderawasih permanently closed since Nov 15: DBKL
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- SHOWBIZ: More than OK
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Why Umno must embrace social media faster
- Residents in Kuantan resuming daily routine
- East Timorese stone Australian embassy in spying row
- Jihadists execute Iraqi cameraman in Syria: RSF More
KUANTAN: A 32-year-old factory worker sustained serious injuries after he was attacked by a group of men who then made-off with his Yamaha LC motorcycle at Indera Mahkota on Friday morning.
Armed with hockey sticks and iron pipes, the assailants hit the victim repeatedly in the 4.30am incident, which saw him suffering from severe head and body injuries.
The suspects had earlier followed the victim in several cars before blocking his path at a roundabout.
Four men in their 20s stormed out from one of the vehicles and began to hit the victim until he fell unconscious.
Before leaving the scene, the suspects took the victim's wallet containing RM300 cash.
District police chief Assistant Commissioner Mohd Jasmani Yusoff said passers by who spotted the victim near the roundabout sent him to Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital (HTAA) here.
He said police were investigating the motive of the attack and the victim from Semambu here was still recuperating at HTAA.