- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- Thousands throng temples nationwide More
SHAH ALAM: A factory for recycling used goods including car and air-conditioner parts went up in smoke in Jalan Bukit Kemuning here tonight.
However, no casualties were reported and losses were estimated at RM500,000.
Selangor Fire and Rescue Department assistant operations director Mohd Sani Harul said firemen in six fire engines brought the blaze under control
at 9.03pm after receiving a distress call at 7.42pm.
Firemen were hampered by low-water pressure in the area, he told reporters at the scene.
Meanwhile, a Bangladeshi worker at the factory said he heard five loud explosions before the fire spread rapidly through the factory. - Bernama