- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Woman killed in crash
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite More
Factory worker murdered when trying to solve disputes
Tumpat: A factory worker was stabbed to death when he tried to settle an argument between two men in Kampung Palekbang on Monday.
Mohd Al Serena Di Mat Rahim had gone to the kampung to meet one of the men when this happened about 9.30pm. He was stabbed in the chest and died on the way to the district hospital.
His father Mat Rahim Junoh said his son, the third of eight siblings, went to the area with his brother Mohd Faiz,22; and four friends to solve an argument between the two men.
"I was told that a fight ensued between Serena Di and one of the men who took out a sharp weapon and stabbed my son. The attacker fled the scene after the stabbing," Rahim said at the hospital's mortuary yesterday.
He said his son who was working in a factory in Kuala Lumpur returned home two weeks ago and was expected to resume work next week.
Kelantan police chief Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman said police had identified the assailant, who is from Kampung Laut Satu.
"Police have raided his house but he was not there. We have set up `Ops Tutup' to track him down," he said.