- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Woman killed in crash
- Fly in for Penang food trail More
ALOR STAR: A farmer has died after he was bitten by a snake outside his house in Kampung Goncar, Gunung Keriang, near here, according to his family.
Saad Mansor, 63, died at 8.30 pm, two hours after he was bitten on a finger of the right hand by the snake, the type of which was unknown, while he was resting outside the house, said his son, Shahrulniza, 35.
Shahrulniza said his younger brother, Md Shahrizal, 30, and his mother, Che Jam Ismail, 63, who were at home then, rushed his father to a nearby clinic where they were advised to take him to Sultan Bahiyah Hospital here.
He said his father was reluctant to go to the hospital and returned home instead, but died shortly afterwards.
Saad was buried at the cemetery in Kampung Lengkuas, Bukit Pinang, near here at 11 am today. - Bernama