- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- No extension — It’s 60 from July 1
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash
- Preparing for the politics of change
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Faiq overcomes the odds
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade More
GEORGE TOWN: A father and son were killed in a road accident involving a motorcycle and a lorry in Teluk Kumbar, Bayan Lepas this morning.
South-west district police chief, Supt Hatta Md Zin said Mohd Adnan Abdullah,59, and his son Mohd Adri,7, were riding a motorcyle at 9:15am when it grazed a lorry while overtaking.
"As a result, the motorcycle skidded while the father and son were thrown into the middle of the road and run over by the lorry," he said when contacted.
Mohd Adri died at the scene of serious injuries while Mohd Adnan died one hour after being treated at Bayan Baru Hospital.
The bodies were taken to Balik Pulau Hospital for autopsy and later claimed by family members. -- BERNAMA