- There is a need to rewrite Malaysian history - Tun Mahathir
- Perodua offers more affordable, quality cars
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Lahad Datu police still investigating teen's abduction claim
- Japan experts mull rules on chimeric embryos
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan faces baby sex test inquiry
- Justin Bieber in traffic accident in Los Angeles
- Police seeks killer who knifed 54-year-old man in Jalan Imbi
- Agong launches RM 600 million MSU campus
- Dating site for broody singles launches in Denmark
- Cops seize fake firearms
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- Korean Air orders 11 Boeing long-haul jets in $3.6bn deal
- EAT WELL: Salty signals
- Clearing up the wreckage More
GEORGE TOWN: A father and son were killed in a road accident involving a motorcycle and a lorry in Teluk Kumbar, Bayan Lepas this morning.
South-west district police chief, Supt Hatta Md Zin said Mohd Adnan Abdullah,59, and his son Mohd Adri,7, were riding a motorcyle at 9:15am when it grazed a lorry while overtaking.
"As a result, the motorcycle skidded while the father and son were thrown into the middle of the road and run over by the lorry," he said when contacted.
Mohd Adri died at the scene of serious injuries while Mohd Adnan died one hour after being treated at Bayan Baru Hospital.
The bodies were taken to Balik Pulau Hospital for autopsy and later claimed by family members. -- BERNAMA