- Police denied photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Police solved Pakistani murder
- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader More
KUALA LUMPUR: Felda D'Saji Sdn Bhd (Felda D'Saji) is planning to open a restaurant in Medina by next year.
Felda D'Saji chief executive officer Ahmad Zaki Abdullah said that planning was already underway and they were currently looking for a suitable location.
"We are looking for a good location which is profitable. After the location has been identified, we will proceed towards planning the model, cost, management and so on," he said when contacted by Bernama today.
He said this when commenting on the suggestion by a member of the public during the hour-long chat with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak on NST's website yesterday.
The suggestion, among other things, requested for a Felda D'Saji restaurant to be opened in Medina after its branches in Mecca succeeded in providing Malay food to pilgrims while they were in the Holy Land.
Ahmad Zaki said the suggestion was welcomed and hoped that the branch to be opened in Medina would be profitable, creating a win-win situation for both the pilgrims as well as the company.
It is reported that Felda D'Saji has been operating three eateries in Mecca since 2008, one of them being a restaurant in Hotel Ummu Hani owned by Koperasi Permodalan Felda.
It also operates an outlet at a food court in the Safwa Tower besides owning D'Saji Central Kitchen Akakiyah, which provides catering services for pilgrims from Asean countries such as Singapore and Brunei. -Bernama