- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Syabas: Water cut needed to upgrade treatment plant
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- Chong Wei cruises to victory More
KUALA LUMPUR: Felda Global Ventures Holdings Bhd posted a lower pre-tax profit of RM280.806 million for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012 compared with RM495.284 million recorded in the same period last year.
Revenue rose to RM1.719 billion, during the period under review, from RM1.688 billion recorded previously.
In a filing to Bursa Malaysia, the company said the higher revenue was due to better sales of crude palm oil and palm kernel but this was offset in part by a decrease in revenue from the downstream segment.
Meanwhile, Felda said its operation for the financial year ended Dec 31, 2012 was expected to be influenced by the ability to maintain market share, grow sales and economic recovery both at home and globally, it added.-- BERNAMA