- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- BANTING MURDER: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- S. Korean girl killed by suicide jumper
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- KL vehicle number plates to start with W, ends with A
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- Moyes is the real deal
- Immigrations Dept keeping watchful eye over foreigners
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- US soldier accused of secretly taping naked women
- Apek back in the dock
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station More
KUALA LUMPUR: Felda Global Ventures Holdings Bhd posted a lower pre-tax profit of RM280.806 million for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012 compared with RM495.284 million recorded in the same period last year.
Revenue rose to RM1.719 billion, during the period under review, from RM1.688 billion recorded previously.
In a filing to Bursa Malaysia, the company said the higher revenue was due to better sales of crude palm oil and palm kernel but this was offset in part by a decrease in revenue from the downstream segment.
Meanwhile, Felda said its operation for the financial year ended Dec 31, 2012 was expected to be influenced by the ability to maintain market share, grow sales and economic recovery both at home and globally, it added.-- BERNAMA