- MISSING MH370: Radar data suggests plane flown deliberately toward Andaman
- MISSING MH370: Plane may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean
- MISSING MH370: Piracy theory gains more credence
- MISSING MH370: New US lead thrusts Malaysia jet search into Indian Ocean
- MISSING MH370: Piracy would require special skills
- MISSING MH370: PM's statement on missing airliner
- MISSING MH370: Theories on disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Satellite detected plane at 8.11am on Saturday
- MISSING MH370: Wild virtual speculations: An annoying habit of Malaysians
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: US Navy surveillance aircraft P-8A Poseidon joins SAR
- MISSING MH370: MAS changes flight number for KL-Beijing-KL flights
- MISSING MH370: Summary of PM's statement
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- MISSING MH370: Plane’s disappearance deliberate More
TAWAU: A plastic factory in Taman Anson, Jalan Kuhara, near here, was destroyed in a fire late last evening.
Tawau Fire and Rescue chief Rudy Fredzek said two fire engines and 34 personnel managed to prevent the fire, which started at 6.50 pm, from spreading to the neighbouring premises within half an hour.
"When we arrived at the scene, the fire was blazing and fanned by strong winds. We were hampered by the locked building, multiple partitions and combustible plastic products inside," he said in a statement here today.
A hardware factory and Insolvency Department store next door were saved from the fire, he added.
The cause of the fire and estimated losses were still under investigation, he said. --BERNAMA