- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- Celebrations on hold
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 2013 SEA GAMES: 8th day results involving Malaysia
- 'Time to put the past behind us' More
TAWAU: A plastic factory in Taman Anson, Jalan Kuhara, near here, was destroyed in a fire late last evening.
Tawau Fire and Rescue chief Rudy Fredzek said two fire engines and 34 personnel managed to prevent the fire, which started at 6.50 pm, from spreading to the neighbouring premises within half an hour.
"When we arrived at the scene, the fire was blazing and fanned by strong winds. We were hampered by the locked building, multiple partitions and combustible plastic products inside," he said in a statement here today.
A hardware factory and Insolvency Department store next door were saved from the fire, he added.
The cause of the fire and estimated losses were still under investigation, he said. --BERNAMA