- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rises, hopes fade for hundreds missing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner
- Son told him not to go More
Five in a family died in crash at highway near Kulai Jaya
KULAIJAYA: Five in a family including a seven-year old boy were killed when the car they were travelling in crashed into a large sign post at Km 17.9 of the North-South Expressway here at 4pm today.
The dead were identified as P Pavai, 65, R. Selvarani, 46, R. Gita, 42, G. Vikneswaran, 19, and A Akash, 7.
The sixth member, a 16-year-old teenage girl identified as G. Vinitha, who is seriously injured, is now warded at Kulai Hospital's intensive care unit.
It is learnt that the vehicle which was was heading north, was believed to have lost control and crashed into a large signpost pillar located by the highway’s shoulder.
It is believed that Vikneswaran was behind the wheel when the accident happened.
The crash caused a minor traffic congestion.
A team from the Kulai Fire and Rescue Department took more than 30 minutes to extricate the bodies from the mangled wreck.
Kulai police chief Superintendent Zulkifli Yahya said they were still investigating the cause of the accident.