- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's body arrives in Penang residence
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up' More
Flood situation in Terengganu worsens, 5,297 evacuated
KUALA TERENGGANU: The flood situation in Terengganu worsened further today with 5,297 people placed in 94 evacuation centres as at 4pm today, more than four times the number of people evacuated yesterday.
Besut was the hardest hit with 1,096 people seeking shelter in 16 evacuation centres in the district, followed by Hulu Terengganu where 1,052 people were evacuated.
Kuala Terengganu recorded a dramatic increase of evacuees with 808, compared to just 91 yesterday.
In Dungun, 744 people were in evacuation centres, while the neighboring Kemaman district has 611.
Setiu, which was the hardest hit during last year's floods has 717 people in 18 evacuation centres but the figure could jump higher as the rain has not stopped.
A total of 26 stretches of roads were flooded throughout the state, with water level ranging from 0.3 to 1.4 metre.
Section 5 to 8 of the Menkawang-Tersat road in Hulu Terengganu was under 1.4 metres of water while part of the Kuala Berang-Sungai Tong road was under 1.3 metres of water.
Setiu and Besut each has nine stretches of flooded roads with the Jertih-Pasir Akar stretch was one metre under water.
More rain is expected today as the Meteorological Department's Orange Alert issued yesterday said heavy rains are expected in Besut, Setiu, Kuala Terengganu, Marang, Hulu Terengganu, Dungun and Kemaman today.