- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Military says missing jet changed course
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggest 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Public should respect staff and passengers: MAS
- MISSING MH370: Airline probing report 2 visited cockpit in 2011
- MISSING MH370: Terrorism cannot be ruled out : CIA
- MISSING MH370: Chinese film stunt man on missing flight
- MISSING MH370: Geostrategist says passengers can sustain up to 2 months More
Fly the Jalur Gemilang wholeheartedly, says Najib
SUNGAI PETANI: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said flying the Jalur Gemilang wholeheartedly in a meaningful manner showed a patriotic spirit and marked the nation's sovereignty and independence.
Furthermore, this year's Independence Day theme of "Malaysiaku Berdaulat Tanah Tumpahnya Darahku" (My Sovereign Malaysia: My Native Land) had a very deep meaning, he said at the launch of the 2013 National Level Fly the Jalur Gemilang programme at Dataran Zero here tonight.
"So don't just fly the flag for the sake of it. We must know the meaning in-depth and translate the same to actions and behaviour which prove our loyalty to the nation," he said.
The Prime Minister said the Jalur Gemilang was raised in 1950 and has been flying for 63 years witnessing Malaysia's progress from a poor, unknown, and tiny nation to the threshold of a developed nation.
"If everyone of us as citizens are willing to defend the independence and sovereignty of Malaysia, we will surely achieve the developed status," he said.
Najib called on Malaysians to fly the Jalur Gemilang with pride as it represented their identity and reflected their gratitude for the prevailing peace, prosperity and strength of the country.
Also present at the function were the Prime Minister's wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, Communication and Multimedia Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek, Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Mukhriz Tun Dr Mahathir, Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Dr Ali Hamsa, cabinet ministers, deputy ministers and state executive councilors.
More than 50,000 people crowded Dataran Zero to witness the national level launch of Fly the Jalur Gemilang campaign which was held for the first time in Kedah. -- BERNAMA