- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- PKR has other leaders who can contest Kajang by-election: Anwar
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Anwar's supporters turn aggressive
- KDN explains ban on 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- The truth always prevails, says Saiful Bukhari
- Anwar can't contest in Kajang by-election: Karpal
- Kajang voters have opportunity to elect a responsible assemblyman
- Johor disputes Singapore's statement over water rights
- Forest fire affects water source in Kampung Raja
- MAS should merge with other international airlines
- Anwar sodomy case: IGP warns of stern action against those holding illegal assemblies
- Mom shocked to find out 14-yr old daughter pregnant and victim of incest
- Imported water from Malaysia remains essential part of Singapore's water supply
- Hasni: We haven't lost our right More
LAHAD DATU: Mubarak urges M'sians to give undivided support to govt
KUALA LUMPUR: The Council of Former Elected Representatives of Malaysia (Mubarak) today urged the people to support the government's efforts and moves in handling the Southern Philippines armed intruders situation in Sabah to ensure national peace and security is not threatened.
Its information chief, Datuk Abdul Rahman Sulaiman, said the Council fully supported the actions taken by the government in its attempt to resolve the situation and hoped Malaysians could do the same for the government and security forces as well.
"This is the time the government of Malaysia needs the people's undivided support," he told Bernama here today.
Abdul Rahman said if the armed intrusion was not handled well, it may turn into a long-drawn insurgency.
"Malaysians must not forget the Emergency era (against the communist terrorists between 1948 to 1960)," he added. -- BERNAMA