- MISSING MH370: Fishermen find life raft near PD
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: RMAF chief denies military radar report
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- MISSING MH370: Terengganu police receive report on explosion in Marang
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: China says SAR efforts expanded to land areas
- MISSING FLIGHT MH370: Get a good communicator More
LAHAD DATU: Philippines urges Filipinos in Sabah to surrender
MANILA, Philippines: Philippine President Benigno Aquino III has called on members and followers of a Muslim royal clan who occupied a village in the eastern Malaysian state of Sabah, saying it is their ancestral homeland, to surrender to avoid further bloodshed.
Aquino said Saturday in a message to the group led by a brother of Sultan Jamalul Kiram III of the southern Philippine province of Sulu that they should “surrender now without conditions.”
Twelve Filipinos and two Malaysian police commandos died in a clash Friday between Malaysian police commandos and about 200 members of the clan led by Agbimuddin Kiram.
There was no immediate comment from the Kiram family.
A Kiram spokesman says the Sultan’s brother was not hurt in the clash. The Kiram group entered the Malaysian village three weeks ago. --AP