- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Woman killed in crash
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use More
PENANG STORM HAVOC: Giant pole crashes onto cars, 2 dead
GEORGE TOWN: A pole that was attached to a 21-storey building in Jalan Macalister came crashing down after a thunderstorm, crushing vehicles travelling below, killing one and injuring five with two seriously wounded.
The dead was identified as Jahir Hussain Sulaiman, 46, the co-driver of the lorry carrying LPG.
In the 6:45pm incident, six cars and a lorry were crushed by the giant white-coloured pole.
The LPG canisters were seen lying all over road, risking possible explosion.
The injured are identified as Norhalis Hayati Abd Latif, 30, Abd Latif Ramli, 71, Mohamad Badrul, 32, Rudi Ahmad, 34, and Samsiah Salim, 49.
The scene of the incident was chaotic, with hundreds running away from nearby outlets. Occupants of the tower were also evacuated.
Another motorist was killed by an uprooted tree in Paya Terubong.