- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Chinese passengers family members arrive at KLIA
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- Chong Wei is king again
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2
- MISSING MH370: MAS to fly Chinese families to KL
- MISSING MH370: Thai police target 'passport ring' in vanished flight probe
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back More
PENANG STORM HAVOC: Giant pole crashes onto cars, 2 dead
GEORGE TOWN: A pole that was attached to a 21-storey building in Jalan Macalister came crashing down after a thunderstorm, crushing vehicles travelling below, killing one and injuring five with two seriously wounded.
The dead was identified as Jahir Hussain Sulaiman, 46, the co-driver of the lorry carrying LPG.
In the 6:45pm incident, six cars and a lorry were crushed by the giant white-coloured pole.
The LPG canisters were seen lying all over road, risking possible explosion.
The injured are identified as Norhalis Hayati Abd Latif, 30, Abd Latif Ramli, 71, Mohamad Badrul, 32, Rudi Ahmad, 34, and Samsiah Salim, 49.
The scene of the incident was chaotic, with hundreds running away from nearby outlets. Occupants of the tower were also evacuated.
Another motorist was killed by an uprooted tree in Paya Terubong.