- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Woman killed in crash
- Fly in for Penang food trail More
KUALA KANGSAR: Datuk Kamilia Ibrahim, who filed her nomination paper to contest as an independent in the Kuala Kangsar parliamentary seat, has quit Umno.
She made the announcement about an hour ago on her Facebook page.
Kamilia also resigned as the Umno supreme council member, Wanita Umno deputy chief and Kuala Kangsar Wanita Umno division chief.
Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin earlier had announced Kamilia Ibrahim's sacking as Wanita Umno vice chief for contesting the Kuala Kangsar seat as an Independent.
Kamilia sprang a surprise when she filed her nomination paper for the Kuala Kangsar parliament seats today.
She will fight-out the seat with Barisan Nasional's Datuk Wan Mohammad Khair-il Anuar Wan Ahmad and Pas' Khalil Idham Lim Abdullah.
Kamilia, who used the 'Book' symbol "ran away" when approached by journalists.
Announcement of candidates were made by Returning Officer, Dr Zulkapli Mohamed at 12pm.