- MISSING MH370: Fishermen find life raft near PD
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: RMAF chief denies military radar report
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Terengganu police receive report on explosion in Marang
- MISSING MH370: China says SAR efforts expanded to land areas
- MISSING FLIGHT MH370: Get a good communicator More
KUALA KANGSAR: Datuk Kamilia Ibrahim, who filed her nomination paper to contest as an independent in the Kuala Kangsar parliamentary seat, has quit Umno.
She made the announcement about an hour ago on her Facebook page.
Kamilia also resigned as the Umno supreme council member, Wanita Umno deputy chief and Kuala Kangsar Wanita Umno division chief.
Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin earlier had announced Kamilia Ibrahim's sacking as Wanita Umno vice chief for contesting the Kuala Kangsar seat as an Independent.
Kamilia sprang a surprise when she filed her nomination paper for the Kuala Kangsar parliament seats today.
She will fight-out the seat with Barisan Nasional's Datuk Wan Mohammad Khair-il Anuar Wan Ahmad and Pas' Khalil Idham Lim Abdullah.
Kamilia, who used the 'Book' symbol "ran away" when approached by journalists.
Announcement of candidates were made by Returning Officer, Dr Zulkapli Mohamed at 12pm.