- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Military says missing jet changed course
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggest 6 reasons for disappearance
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Public should respect staff and passengers: MAS
- MISSING MH370: Airline probing report 2 visited cockpit in 2011
- MISSING MH370: Terrorism cannot be ruled out : CIA
- MISSING MH370: Chinese film stunt man on missing flight
- MISSING MH370: Geostrategist says passengers can sustain up to 2 months More
UPDATE ON LAHAD DATU: Explosions heard at Kampung Sinakut
LAHAD DATU; Security forces have launched an attack on the intruders in Kampung Tanduo, Felda Sahabat here this morning.
4.00pm: Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Ismail Omar said he has instructed his commandos on ground to take extra precaution as operation was ongoing. He believed the remaining Sulu soldiers were still in- and around the operation area, adding that it was unknown whether some managed to escape to other nearby villages such as Tanjung Batu. "The movement of the operations is being done with great caution, taking the terrain into account," said Ismail, during a press briefing at 4pm. He denied allegations that Malaysian troops were killed in the 7am strike.
3.00pm: The entrance to the emergency ward of Lahad Datu Hospital is quiet, compared to the scene last Friday -- and also during the weekend -- when emergency vehicles and personnel were kept busy with casualties and the injured.
2.12pm: Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishamuddin Hussein confirmed none of the Malaysian security forces were injured in this morning's operation
2.10pm: Defence Minister Datuk Seri Zahid Hamidi confirms security forces utilise 3 F/A-18D fighter bombers and 5 Hawk 208 fighter jets in this morning's operation in a joint Press conference with Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishamuddin Hussein today
1.30pm: Sarawak police are sending reinforcement of 500 men, made out from its 10th Battalion in Sibu, 11th Battalion in Kuching and 12th Battalion in Miri, to Sabah today, Sarawak Police Commissioner Datuk Acryl Sani Abdullah said.
1.20pm: In Gopeng, Semporna member of parliament Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal has condemned acts of burning the Malaysian flags and Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak's photographs at the Malaysian Embassy in Manila.
12.45pm: The Malaysian embassy in the Philippines has suspended its operations from today as several groups protested in front of the building in Makati
12.30pm: Minister in the Prime Minister's Department, Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz said Malaysia is not at war with the Philippines government as the intruders are not recognised by the Philippine government. He said If they are detained, they will face criminal charges including for murder.
11.10am: Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Ismail Omar said the attack on the intruders is on-going and there is an exchange of fire between security forces and the culprits. However, as of now, no casualties were reported on the Malaysian side.
10.00am: Six vessels, two each from the Navy, marine police and Malaysia Maritime Enforcement Agency were earlier seen leaving the marine police jetty
9.15am: Three fighter jets bombed Kampung Tanduo before troops went in
8.58am: The Lahad Datu district hospital has also been put on alert. Police personnel have cordoned off the emergency area in the hospital in preparation for casualties.
8.49am: In Kampung E, located closest to Kampung Tanduo where the armed intruders are hiding said they were jolted by loud sound of explosiions that caused thin windows to shatter. Glass doors at the media centre here, some 5km away shook several times from 7am.
8.25am: Villagers fled from the area as several explosions were heard. Fighter jets and helicopters are also seen.
7.30am: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak issued a statement announcing the attack on intruders