- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- 'Rule of law crucial to nation's integrity'
- “I thought I knew him...”
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- EPL: Wenger vows to spend More
Football: Griffiths leaves China to sign with Sydney
SYDNEY: Defender Adam Griffiths has left the Chinese Super League to sign with Sydney FC in Australia’s A-League, the club said today.
Griffiths, 32, joins the former two-time A-League champions under their new coach Ian Crook after spending two years with Hangzhou in the Chinese Super League.
It will be the third A-League club Griffiths has played with following stints with the Newcastle Jets and Gold Club United.
“I’m really happy to be joining Sydney FC, it’s like coming home for me,” Griffiths said.
“I grew up in Sydney, I played all my early football in Sydney and to be playing for Sydney FC is fantastic.” Griffiths has also played in Europe with Oostende, Bournemouth and Brentford. -- AFP