- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- 2013 SEA GAMES: 8th day results involving Malaysia
- Mandela family 'humbled' by thousands turning out in cold, rain
- Tears as Mandela lies in state
- Najib leaves for Tokyo
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Three nations close to joining Chemical Weapons Convention
- RTD confiscates 24 vehicles in joint ops
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- 11 commando trainees, 2 instructors to get Pingat Gagah Berani
- Mukhriz launches Ansara Club
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Why judge those who help sincerely?
- Demolished without any warning More
Football: Griffiths leaves China to sign with Sydney
SYDNEY: Defender Adam Griffiths has left the Chinese Super League to sign with Sydney FC in Australia’s A-League, the club said today.
Griffiths, 32, joins the former two-time A-League champions under their new coach Ian Crook after spending two years with Hangzhou in the Chinese Super League.
It will be the third A-League club Griffiths has played with following stints with the Newcastle Jets and Gold Club United.
“I’m really happy to be joining Sydney FC, it’s like coming home for me,” Griffiths said.
“I grew up in Sydney, I played all my early football in Sydney and to be playing for Sydney FC is fantastic.” Griffiths has also played in Europe with Oostende, Bournemouth and Brentford. -- AFP