- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- 3 Japanese firms keen to participate in S'pore-KL rail link project: PM
- Malaysia lose to Thailand, Myanmar in sepak takraw
- Norway offers to fill empty Swedish prison cells
- Chinese flyby of asteroid shows space rock is "rubble"
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating More
'Foreigners who misuse student visas face deportation'
KUALA LUMPUR: Foreigners found to misuse student visas will face action, including deportation, Deputy Home Minister Datuk Wira Abu Seman Yusop said today.
He said the Home Ministry conducted constant monitoring and tightened theprocess of issuing visas to overcome the problem.
"We will act against foreigners already in the country who misuse student visas. "There have been many arrests, and many foreigners have been deported from time to time," he said when replying to a question from Datuk Mohamed Aziz (BN-Sri Gading) in the Dewan Rakyat.
Abu Seman said the action against the visa offenders was taken incollagoration with the Higher Education Ministry. -- BERNAMA