- Police denied photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- Police solved Pakistani murder
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed More
'Foreigners who misuse student visas face deportation'
KUALA LUMPUR: Foreigners found to misuse student visas will face action, including deportation, Deputy Home Minister Datuk Wira Abu Seman Yusop said today.
He said the Home Ministry conducted constant monitoring and tightened theprocess of issuing visas to overcome the problem.
"We will act against foreigners already in the country who misuse student visas. "There have been many arrests, and many foreigners have been deported from time to time," he said when replying to a question from Datuk Mohamed Aziz (BN-Sri Gading) in the Dewan Rakyat.
Abu Seman said the action against the visa offenders was taken incollagoration with the Higher Education Ministry. -- BERNAMA