- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- New passport improvement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Highway bridge collapses in US; people in water
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- End near if self denial continues
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club More
MARANG: A Form Two student from Sekolah Menengah Agama Marang, Md Harith Iskandar Md Fuad Mahakim, is feared drowned while collecting mussels in Kerak river here today.
His friend, Muhammad Amar Afiruddin Abd Aziz, 15, said after spending 10 minutes collecting the mussels, Md Harith suddenly dived into the river.
"He had planned to take a bath in the river. He even brought extra clothes.
"We thought he can swim, but we were shocked to see him struggling and gasping for breath. He had never swimmed in that river before," he told reporters at the scene.
Terengganu Fire and Rescue Department assistant enforcement officer Mohd Rozairi Abdul Rahim said they received the distress call about the incident at 2.55pm and efforts were being mounted to find the student.
The search and rescue operation, however, has been called off at 7pm due to bad weather and will be resumed tomorrow, he added. -- BERNAMA