- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- World Cup draw 2014: Boateng brothers to square off again in Brazil
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- World Cup draw 2014: Homage to Mandela at World Cup draw
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- FATAL CRASH
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- MKN urged to acquire contingency assets that matches needs
- FLOOD : 2 roads in Kemaman, Hulu Terengganu closed due to erosion
- Adopt affordability based payment mechanism: Umno Kelantan More
Johor Baharu: The Sessions Court today sentenced a former imam of a mosque to 15 years jail and ordered him to be given 12 strokes of the cane after finding him guilty of raping a 13-year-old girl last year.
Judge Nua'man Mahmud Zuhudi passed the sentence on Nur Akmal alias Basok Bakri Abdul Kader, 32, after finding him guilty of committing the offence at his house in Jalan Camar 3, Taman Perling, here on Feb 21 last year.
He said Nur Akmal, in his defence, had merely denied committing the offence and had failed to raise a reasonable doubt in the prosecution's case.
"He should have known better, as an imam, and should not have committed such an offence. He should have set a good example and safeguarded the image of the institution he represented," said the judge.
Nur Akmal, who is married and has a four-year-old child, was calm at first but shed tears when he was hugged by family members.
DPP Mohd 'Afif Ali appeared for the prosecution while Sukhaimi Mashud represented Nur Akmal. -- Bernama