- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- New passport improvement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Highway bridge collapses in US; people in water
- End near if self denial continues
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela More
SHAH ALAM: Police arrested four men in connection to two separate rape cases here last week.
The suspects including a student aged between 20 and 33 were believed to have raped two girls aged 23 and 17 on separate occasions.
Shah Alam district police chief Assistant commissioner Zahedi Ayob said in the first case, four men in a grey car abducted a 23-year-old university student from Seksyen 7 on June 29.
The victim was walking alone to a nearby restaurant at 11pm.
"The victim was blindfolded and brought to a wooden house at Rantau Panjang (Klang) where she raped.”
"The victim was later released near the Shah Alam mosque at 3am the following day and she sought help from the guards there to contact her family,” he said.
He said they caught the suspects hours after the report was lodged on June 30 and recovered three parang, three passports, one hammer, two cars and several handphones.
“We believed the gang is also responsible for the rape of a 17-year-old Form Six student who was abducted near Seksyen 7 and raped on June 26.