- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Military says missing jet changed course
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: 600,000 scan satellites images for clues
- MISSING MH370: Unlikely to be terrorist event: Interpol head
- MISSING MH370: Chinese film stunt man on missing flight
- MISSING MH370: Family members of passengers coping well with situation More
Four family members killed in car-lorry mishap
ALOR STAR: Four members of a family perished after the car they were travelling in collided head-on with a lorry in Jalan Tualang-Bukit Sekechung in Pokok Sena near here today.
Barber Shafie Hamid, 57, and his wife Che Faridah Ani, 56, succumbed to severe head and body injuries in the 2.30pm mishap.
Also killed in the accident were Shafie's two children, Mohd Ittilal, 26, who was behind the wheel of the family's white Perodua Viva, and Nurul Faiz, 24,
Ittilal and Nurul Faiz, the fourth and the fifth among six siblings, also sustained serious head and body injuries.
All four victims died on the spot in the accident, which occurred about 7km away from their house in Kampung Kubang Pisang, Pendang near here.
Shafie's youngest children, Mohd Iqbal Zakuan, 15, who was seated in the back-passenger seat is the only survivor inside the wrecked car.
He suffered serious injuries on his head and body and he was rushed to the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital here. His condition is reported critical.
The driver of the lorry, who was believed to have lost control of his vehicle, did not sustain any serious injuries.
He has been taken to the police station to have his statement recorded.
The family was heading to Alor Star when their vehicle collided with the lorry which was heading to Pokok Sena