- Perodua offers more affordable, quality cars
- There is a need to rewrite Malaysian history - Tun Mahathir
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan faces baby sex test inquiry
- Japan experts mull rules on chimeric embryos
- Lahad Datu police still investigating teen's abduction claim
- Police seeks killer who knifed 54-year-old man in Jalan Imbi
- Agong launches RM 600 million MSU campus
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- Cops seize fake firearms
- Teen country singer Bradbery captures ’The Voice’ season crown
- Justin Bieber in traffic accident in Los Angeles
- Clearing up the wreckage
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- Dating site for broody singles launches in Denmark More
Four family members killed in car-lorry mishap
ALOR STAR: Four members of a family perished after the car they were travelling in collided head-on with a lorry in Jalan Tualang-Bukit Sekechung in Pokok Sena near here today.
Barber Shafie Hamid, 57, and his wife Che Faridah Ani, 56, succumbed to severe head and body injuries in the 2.30pm mishap.
Also killed in the accident were Shafie's two children, Mohd Ittilal, 26, who was behind the wheel of the family's white Perodua Viva, and Nurul Faiz, 24,
Ittilal and Nurul Faiz, the fourth and the fifth among six siblings, also sustained serious head and body injuries.
All four victims died on the spot in the accident, which occurred about 7km away from their house in Kampung Kubang Pisang, Pendang near here.
Shafie's youngest children, Mohd Iqbal Zakuan, 15, who was seated in the back-passenger seat is the only survivor inside the wrecked car.
He suffered serious injuries on his head and body and he was rushed to the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital here. His condition is reported critical.
The driver of the lorry, who was believed to have lost control of his vehicle, did not sustain any serious injuries.
He has been taken to the police station to have his statement recorded.
The family was heading to Alor Star when their vehicle collided with the lorry which was heading to Pokok Sena