- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- World Cup draw 2014: Boateng brothers to square off again in Brazil
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- World Cup draw 2014: Homage to Mandela at World Cup draw
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- MKN urged to acquire contingency assets that matches needs
- FATAL CRASH
- Adopt affordability based payment mechanism: Umno Kelantan
- Death of Mandela: Mandela a leader I admire most: Dr M More
Four friends killed in three-vehicle collision in Kuantan
KUANTAN: Four friends were killed in a road crash involving three vehicles at km18 Jalan Kuantan-By Pass yesterday.
The victims killed in the 11.15pm crash were passengers and the driver of a Proton Wira which crashed into a trailer laden with iron ore before another car, a Honda, crashed into its rear at an intersection there.
Pahang Traffic staff officer DSP Mohd Rizal Abdullah said three of the victims died at the scene due to serious head and body injuries, while the other at the Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital (HTAA) here.
He identified the victims as car driver Mohd Shahidan Shaari, 26; Mohd Shahafiz Othman, 22; Muhd Taufik Abd Rahman, 20, and 19-year-old Ahmad Nazrin Hafizi Abdul Latif, 19, who died at 6am today while being treated at HTAA.
All of them were from Terengganu and the car they were travelling in was heading towards Kuantan Port from Kuantan, he added.
Mohd Rizal said the driver of the other car and trailer driver escaped unscathed in the crash.
Meanwhile in BENTONG, a motorcyclist and his wife were killed, while their three-year-old son was seriously injured, when the machine skidded into the opposite lane and collided with a car at Km7.5 Jalan Karak-Kuala Pilah near Sri Telemong, Bentong, yesterday.
The couple, identified as mechanic P.Kiru, 21, and B.Anita, 27, were riding without wearing crash helmets, said Mohd Rizal, adding that the boy, K. Thirumugilan, was sent to Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Hospital (Hoshas) in Temerloh for treatment.
In another accident, he said, a 74-year-old woman, Jenab Merah, 74, was killed when she was run over by a motorcycle while crossing the road at Km3 of Jalan Temerloh-Mentakab near Kampung Gantok at 4.30pm yesterday.
The motorcyclist, Azizi Abd Halim, 46, a teacher, was slightly injured, he added. -- BERNAMA