- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- 'No place for Shia'
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- US singer wows in 'Arabs Got Talent' show
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- Malaysia-Brunei bridge opens More
KUANTAN: Police have crippled a snatch theft and burglary gang called "Geng Along" with the arrest of four men yesterday and on Sunday.
Kuantan OCPD ACP Mohd Jasmani Yusof told a news conference here that the group had on April 27 snatched the sling bag of a man, containing RM3,150 in
cash, at Jalan Haji Ahmad 7, here.
The victim, however, pursued the group and managed to apprehend two of them with the help of members of the public.
Police investigation on the duo led to the arrest of two other suspects, aged 17 and 20, around Air Putih, here, yesterday. Police also recovered RM1,200
in cash believed to be from the money taken from the man.
He said the four had admitted their involvement in the case.
Police were now looking for two other members of the group, he said.
Meanwhile, he said, 11 snatch theft cases were reported here from January to April this year, of which four had been solved.
During the same period, a total of 339 motorcycle thefts were reported, leading to the arrest of eight youths aged between 17 and 20, believed to be
members of the "Geng Yo Panching", he said.
One of them was arrested on Sunday while the rest were on Tuesday. - Bernama