- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- No extension — It’s 60 from July 1
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Ancelotti mulls future, praises Beckham More
KUALA LUMPUR: About 2,400 participants took turn carrying the Umno flag in a 72km-run around the city today in conjunction with the party 66th anniversary celebration.
Organised by the Federal Territory Umno, the Umno Flag Run was flagged off by its deputy chairman, Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin, about 9am at
the Barisan Nasional House in Lembah Pantai here.
The run will end at Bandar Tun Razak later today.
Prior to that, Raja Nong Chik, who is also Lembah Pantai Umno chief, received the flag from Umno secretary-general and the party Putrajaya chief,
Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor.
The Umno Flag Run was flagged off on May 1 where the run would cover four zones and would end at the Bukit Jalil Stadium on May 11.
The run was held to collect a million signatures from the people as a show of their support to the party.
Raja Nong Chik said the run could, among others, enhance public awareness on Umno's activities and its contributions to the society. - Bernama