- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- FATAL CRASH
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- FLOOD : 2 roads in Kemaman, Hulu Terengganu closed due to erosion
- Baby among 3 killed in Kubang Kerian crash
- Death of Mandela: Mandela a leader I admire most: Dr M
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Hockey: Malaysia beat New Zealand 3-2 in Junior World Cup match
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- Lim Kok Wing recalls close ties with Mandela
- Return of the archer
- MKN urged to acquire contingency assets that matches needs More
KUALA LUMPUR: About 2,400 participants took turn carrying the Umno flag in a 72km-run around the city today in conjunction with the party 66th anniversary celebration.
Organised by the Federal Territory Umno, the Umno Flag Run was flagged off by its deputy chairman, Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin, about 9am at
the Barisan Nasional House in Lembah Pantai here.
The run will end at Bandar Tun Razak later today.
Prior to that, Raja Nong Chik, who is also Lembah Pantai Umno chief, received the flag from Umno secretary-general and the party Putrajaya chief,
Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor.
The Umno Flag Run was flagged off on May 1 where the run would cover four zones and would end at the Bukit Jalil Stadium on May 11.
The run was held to collect a million signatures from the people as a show of their support to the party.
Raja Nong Chik said the run could, among others, enhance public awareness on Umno's activities and its contributions to the society. - Bernama