- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- US singer wows in 'Arabs Got Talent' show
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- 'No place for Shia'
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Hockey: Malaysian Juniors qualify for quarter-finals at Junior World Cup More
KUALA LUMPUR: Four lots of furniture and steel factories in a housing estate at Jalan 27, Kampung Baru Salak South near here were razed in a fire this afternoon.
Fire and Rescue senior assistant superintendent, Christopher Chong Hon Fah, said five fire engines and 30 personnel from the Kuala Lumpur Fire station rushed to the scene at 1 pm.
"During the 12.45 pm fire, there were four people, believed to be factory workers, in the premises. But they managed to escape unharmed," he told reporters.
He added that the premises were found to be operating illegally as they had converted the residential houses into factories, he said.
Chong said the congested area and its narrow roads hampered their access but the fire was brought under control in 15 minutes.
"The cause of the fire and estimated losses have yet to be determined," he said. --BERNAMA