- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Woman killed in crash
- Spain arrests man with vast child porn haul More
Govt imposes import licence on alloy steel products
KUALA LUMPUR: The importation of eight tariff lines of alloy steel products (HS 7225) will be subject to licensing requirements from June 15, the International Trade and Industry Ministry said today.
In a statement, it said the imposition of import licence on these products was gazetted under the Customs (Prohibition of Imports) (Amendment) (No.2) Order 2012 yesterday.
The imposition of import licensing requirements on these products will serve to ensure that imported alloy steel products meet established quality and safety requirements, and minimise the importation of sub-standards products.
It is also to facilitate the monitoring of trade in these products.
The ministry today met with affected manufacturers/importers and steel associations to brief them on the new licensing requirements and the procedures involved in its implementation. -- BERNAMA