- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back
- MISSING MH370: Thai police target 'passport ring' in vanished flight probe
- MISSING MH370: Love and support for Capt Zaharie fills social media
- MISSING MH370: Disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- MISSING MH370: MAS to fly Chinese families to KL
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security More
Heed Muhyiddin's warning on sacking of saboteurs, says Mustapa Mohamed
TANAH MERAH: Umno members in Kelantan should not get involved in activities sabotaging the party in the next general election, said state Umno liaison committee chief Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed.
Mustapa said the party members must take note of the warning by Umno deputy president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yasssin that party members who worked against the Barisan Nasional would be sacked.
"The decision was made by the party's leaders and they have their own `method' to identify those involved. We, as the party's members, must listen to their order and trying not to cause problem to the party.
"It could not be denied that certain division in Kelantan has the problem but they must put the party's interest above all," he told reporters after launching Tanah Merah Umno division meeting yesterday.
About 3,500 party members attended the meeting which was held at SM Belimbing. Also present was Tanah Merah Umno division chief Datuk Ikmal Hisham Abdul Aziz.
"We must work in team and as a family so that the party will be strong in facing any sort of challenges that might hit in the coming election," he said.
Mustapa was responding to Muhyiddin's statement on Friday that BN would sack component party members found to have worked against the party's interest in the 13th general election and that summary dismissal would be meted out to stop them from causing further damage and affecting the BN's chances to win in the election.
As such, Muhyiddin said BN would set up monitoring teams comprising trust worthy and independent people to check on the problem ahead of the election.
Meanwhile, Ikmal Hisham said the division would work hard to ensure State BN would win back the four seats including one parliamentary seat that were won by Pas in the 12th general election.
"Tanah Merah Umno division promises to our leader that we will continue to find way to get back the seats. We will do whatever necessary to gain back confidence among the voters," he said.