- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activities
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MH370: 24 hours later, still categorised as missing
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MISSING MH370 : Public urged not to speculate news
- MH370: Search and rescue efforts continue off Kelantan coast
- MISSING MH370: 3 Americans on missing MAS airliner
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah More
Heed Muhyiddin's warning on sacking of saboteurs, says Mustapa Mohamed
TANAH MERAH: Umno members in Kelantan should not get involved in activities sabotaging the party in the next general election, said state Umno liaison committee chief Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed.
Mustapa said the party members must take note of the warning by Umno deputy president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yasssin that party members who worked against the Barisan Nasional would be sacked.
"The decision was made by the party's leaders and they have their own `method' to identify those involved. We, as the party's members, must listen to their order and trying not to cause problem to the party.
"It could not be denied that certain division in Kelantan has the problem but they must put the party's interest above all," he told reporters after launching Tanah Merah Umno division meeting yesterday.
About 3,500 party members attended the meeting which was held at SM Belimbing. Also present was Tanah Merah Umno division chief Datuk Ikmal Hisham Abdul Aziz.
"We must work in team and as a family so that the party will be strong in facing any sort of challenges that might hit in the coming election," he said.
Mustapa was responding to Muhyiddin's statement on Friday that BN would sack component party members found to have worked against the party's interest in the 13th general election and that summary dismissal would be meted out to stop them from causing further damage and affecting the BN's chances to win in the election.
As such, Muhyiddin said BN would set up monitoring teams comprising trust worthy and independent people to check on the problem ahead of the election.
Meanwhile, Ikmal Hisham said the division would work hard to ensure State BN would win back the four seats including one parliamentary seat that were won by Pas in the 12th general election.
"Tanah Merah Umno division promises to our leader that we will continue to find way to get back the seats. We will do whatever necessary to gain back confidence among the voters," he said.