- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Moyes driving us mad!
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- Stiff Everton test for Gunners
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- PM, sultan to open bridge today
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu
- A party determined to transform More
Home Ministry in favour of independent panel for Bersih probe
PUTRAJAYA: The Home Ministry and police are in favour of setting up an independent panel to investigate allegations of voilence against journalists and protesters during the Bersih rally last Saturday, said Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein.
That decision was reached in today's post-cabinet meeting.
It was also agreed that the government must take all necessary actions to safeguard the country and its people.
“The government assures that stern action would be taken on those who broke the law, planned and created havoc in Kuala Lumpur," said Hishammuddin this evening.