- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Investigators chasing 'every angle'
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Mystery deepens as oil, debris links ruled out
- MISSING MH370: How can jet disappear?
- MISSING MH370: Boeing joining Malaysia crash investigation
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Help from bomohs must be in accordance to Islam
- MISSING MH370: MAS to allocate 31,000 Yuan financial assistance
- MISSING MH370: China 'deploys satellites' in search for Malaysia plane
- MISSING MH370: No objects found
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370: A missing plane and emotional reunion on Twitter More
Indonesian maid gets 20 years' jail for abusing baby
KUANTAN: Indonesian maid, Yuliana, 24, was today sentenced to 20 years' jail after she pleaded guilty to two separate charges of attempted murder and physical abuse of her employer's four-month-old baby boy.
Session court judge Mohd Azhar Othman gave her 15 years' imprisonment for the first offence and another five years for the second offence. However, the judge ordered the jail terms to run concurrently.
Yuliana, who was unrepresented, pleaded guilty to attempted murder of four-month-old Mohamed Hareez Mohamed Zamri at his parents' home at No7, Lorong Bukit Setongkol 38 here about 7.45am on Feb 15.
She also pleaded guilty to causing physical injuries to the victim at the same time an place.
Clad in a purple lock-up uniform, Yuliana was seen sobbing when the judge meted out the sentence.
"A deterrent sentence must be handed down to serve as a lesson not just to the accused but to the public," said Azhar.
The CCTV video recording of the incident went viral on the social networks after the victim's father lodged a police report and handed the video clip to a television station here.