- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH192 Update: Aircraft lands safely at KLIA
- MH370 Tragedy: NOK committee to set date for 'no survivors' announcement
- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- GOOGLE: Malaysia’s Top 10 Trending Searches on Google
- Tour bus tragedy updates : UK tourist identified as victim
- MH370 Tragedy: Police have recorded statements from 260 people
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MH192: Passengers express relief and gratitude to heroic pilot
- MISSING MH370: Debris found at Straits of Malacca
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- Tour bus falls into ravine, 1 died
- 'Unidentified plane is MH370'
- Nigeria gunmen raze teachers residence at girls school More
Indonesian maid gets 20 years' jail for abusing baby
KUANTAN: Indonesian maid, Yuliana, 24, was today sentenced to 20 years' jail after she pleaded guilty to two separate charges of attempted murder and physical abuse of her employer's four-month-old baby boy.
Session court judge Mohd Azhar Othman gave her 15 years' imprisonment for the first offence and another five years for the second offence. However, the judge ordered the jail terms to run concurrently.
Yuliana, who was unrepresented, pleaded guilty to attempted murder of four-month-old Mohamed Hareez Mohamed Zamri at his parents' home at No7, Lorong Bukit Setongkol 38 here about 7.45am on Feb 15.
She also pleaded guilty to causing physical injuries to the victim at the same time an place.
Clad in a purple lock-up uniform, Yuliana was seen sobbing when the judge meted out the sentence.
"A deterrent sentence must be handed down to serve as a lesson not just to the accused but to the public," said Azhar.
The CCTV video recording of the incident went viral on the social networks after the victim's father lodged a police report and handed the video clip to a television station here.