- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Bangladesh Islamist to be hanged after midnight
- Take photo at counter
- China sex workers face 'harsh' detention: rights group
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Undentified lorry driver flees after hit-and-run crash
- Singapore Riot : Malaysia always in state of prepareness
- Ministry forms panel for PISA
- Netanyahu missing Mandela memorial for cost reasons: media
- First catenary traffic light launched
- Thousands questioned in widening crackdown after Singapore riot
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash More
Ipoh: A gang whose members were mostly women who preyed on other women at bus stops or living alone, has been crippled following the arrest of five of it members here and Batu Gajah over the past week.
Ipoh police chief ACP Azisman Alias said the members of the gang known as the "Sari Gang" because they usually wore sarees, would approach their victims on the pretext of asking for help before robbing them.
Police recored stolen items among others jewellery, handbags, hanphones, cameras and bootled liqor worth around RM5,000 from the gang, he told reporters here today.
Ipoh police also busted another robbery gang called "Geng Kulmit" with the arrest of four of its members two of whom were women in Taman Lindungan here on Tuesday.
Azisman said police recovered stolen watches, handphones, cameras and foreign currency from countries in Africa as well as Indonesia and Bangladesh from the gang. -- Bernama