- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- Malaysian boy on holiday killed in front of mother
- Waterspouts spotted off Lido Beach in Johor
- Man high on wanted list shot dead by police
- Court dismisses defamation suit by Gardenia
- Malaysian sues U.S. govt
- India diplomat says she faced cavity search in NYC
- AirAsia X to buy 25 more A330-300S for US$6 billion
- Indian national and teenage woman found murdered in apartment
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Heavier prison sentence for policeman found guilty of incest
- Property bubble: fact or fantasy?
- Actress Azean Irdawaty dies
- Customs men among 11 held in raids
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier More
KUALA LUMPUR: The status of appeals for first degree intakes into local public institutions of higher learning (IPTA) using Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM), matriculation, foundation and equivalent qualifications can be checked starting noon tomorrow.
Higher Education Department director-general Datuk Prof Dr Rujhan Mustafa said the results will be available on the following websites: http://upu.mohe.gov.my, http://www.jpt.utm.my, http://jpt.uum.edu.my, http://jpt.unimas.my and http://jpt.ums.edu.my.
"Candidates can also check their appeal status through the short-messaging service (SMS) by typing UPU <space> RESULT <space> identification card number, and send to 15888 or by calling our hotline at 03-88706767, helpline 03-88706777 and general line 03-88706755/ 6766," he said in a statement here today.
Official offer letters can also be printed out through the official website of respective universities starting Tuesday, and appeals are considered unsuccessful if candidates do not receive an offer by the end of the month.
For enquiries, candidates can also call the Higher Education Department's Student Intake Management Division at 03-88706767 and 03-88706777. Bernama