- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Spain arrests man with vast child porn haul
- Woman killed in crash
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- 4 plunge to deaths in Polish industrial chimney More
IT consultant gets 13 days' jail, RM50,000 fine for cheating attempt
SHAH ALAM: An IT consultant was sentenced to 14 days' jail and fined RM50,000 for trying to cheat a businessman.
Shah Alam Sessions judge Asmadi Hussin sentenced Noorshidin Mohd Noor after he pleaded guilty to trying to cheat company chief operating officer Mohd Shukri Othman of Siaga Informatic Sdn Bhd.
He admitted to attempting to deceive Shukri to believe that he had assisted Siaga Informatics in obtaining the letter of award for a tender to build Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission's digital forensic laboratory.
The offence was committed at Siaga Informatics, Suite 2-6, Level 6, Jalan USJ 9/5T, Subang Business Centre in Subang Jaya at 10.25am on March 14 this year.