- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- BANTING MURDER: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- S. Korean girl killed by suicide jumper
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- KL vehicle number plates to start with W, ends with A
- Moyes is the real deal
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- US soldier accused of secretly taping naked women
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London More
LOS ANGELES: Jennifer Lopez’s salsa star husband Marc Anthony has filed for divorce from the actress-singer-presenter, citing “irreconcilable differences” for the split, a court spokesman said yesterday.
Anthony, 43, a Grammy-winning singer now also working as an actor, filed legal papers in Los Angeles, nine months after the pair announced last July that they were ending their seven-year marriage, said the spokesman.
According to the divorce petition filed Monday and published by celebrity news website TMZ, he is asking Lopez, 42, for joint legal and physical custody of the couple’s 4-year-old twins Emme and Max.
The couple, both New Yorkers whose parents are from Puerto Rico, dated briefly in the 1990s and then rekindled their romance in 2004. They were married in a June 2004 secret ceremony at Lopez’s Beverly Hills home.
After taking time off to become a mother in 2008, Lopez returned to the public eye last year year with a star turn as one of three talent judges on
“American Idol.” Also in 2011 Lopez topped People’s magazine’s annual list of the most beautiful people. She also released her seventh studio album, “Love?"
Anthony has sold more than 11 million records, kicking off his career as a salsa musician and Spanish-language performer. His 1999 hit single “I Need to Know” was his first English-language crossover success.
In 2006, the couple co-starred in “El Cantante,” a biopic about salsa legend Hector Lavoe. Anthony played Lavoe and Lopez played Lavoe’s wife, Nilda
It was the third marriage for Lopez and the second for Anthony. -- AFP