- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Moyes driving us mad!
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- Stiff Everton test for Gunners
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- PM, sultan to open bridge today
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu
- A party determined to transform More
LOS ANGELES: Jennifer Lopez’s salsa star husband Marc Anthony has filed for divorce from the actress-singer-presenter, citing “irreconcilable differences” for the split, a court spokesman said yesterday.
Anthony, 43, a Grammy-winning singer now also working as an actor, filed legal papers in Los Angeles, nine months after the pair announced last July that they were ending their seven-year marriage, said the spokesman.
According to the divorce petition filed Monday and published by celebrity news website TMZ, he is asking Lopez, 42, for joint legal and physical custody of the couple’s 4-year-old twins Emme and Max.
The couple, both New Yorkers whose parents are from Puerto Rico, dated briefly in the 1990s and then rekindled their romance in 2004. They were married in a June 2004 secret ceremony at Lopez’s Beverly Hills home.
After taking time off to become a mother in 2008, Lopez returned to the public eye last year year with a star turn as one of three talent judges on
“American Idol.” Also in 2011 Lopez topped People’s magazine’s annual list of the most beautiful people. She also released her seventh studio album, “Love?"
Anthony has sold more than 11 million records, kicking off his career as a salsa musician and Spanish-language performer. His 1999 hit single “I Need to Know” was his first English-language crossover success.
In 2006, the couple co-starred in “El Cantante,” a biopic about salsa legend Hector Lavoe. Anthony played Lavoe and Lopez played Lavoe’s wife, Nilda
It was the third marriage for Lopez and the second for Anthony. -- AFP