- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- PKR has other leaders who can contest Kajang by-election: Anwar
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Anwar's supporters turn aggressive
- KDN explains ban on 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- The truth always prevails, says Saiful Bukhari
- Anwar can't contest in Kajang by-election: Karpal
- Kajang voters have opportunity to elect a responsible assemblyman
- Johor disputes Singapore's statement over water rights
- Forest fire affects water source in Kampung Raja
- MAS should merge with other international airlines
- Anwar sodomy case: IGP warns of stern action against those holding illegal assemblies
- Mom shocked to find out 14-yr old daughter pregnant and victim of incest
- Imported water from Malaysia remains essential part of Singapore's water supply
- Accumulate Hovid shares, says CIMB More
JOHOR BARU: State opposition leader Dr Boo Cheng Hau was missing from a Parti Keadilan Rakyat event yesterday in his Skudai constituency, which was attended by PKR de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and state PKR chief Datuk Chua Jui Meng.
The absence of Dr Boo, who is also Johor DAP chief, raised eyebrows as the Johor Baru PKR Chinese New Year open house, held at the Sutera Mall car park here, was the first big event for the opposition coalition in the state this year.
On Sept 16, Dr Boo was also absent from an opposition alliance dinner.
His absence was believed to be due to the tension between DAP and PKR in Johor over the distribution of seats for the general election.
More than 300 people turned up at the four-hour event, which started at 11am.
It was attended by PKR, DAP and Pas representatives, including Pas vice-president Salahuddin Ayub.
Chua said that he did not see Dr Boo at the event.
"I can confirm that we sent out invitations to all DAP and Pas representatives, including Dr Boo. Perhaps he is busy."
The spat between Dr Boo and Johor PKR leaders started last year when the former criticised PKR for refusing to give DAP some seats allocated to it in the last general election.
It is learnt that the tussle between DAP and PKR in Johor centred over the Gelang Patah parliamentary seat and the state seats of Tangkak, Johor Jaya, Pengkalan Rinting and Bukit Batu.
Dr Boo had at that time described his PKR allies as being dishonest in their negotiations, while PKR leaders accused him of being arrogant.
DAP and PKR have barred their leaders from issuing statements on the matter.