- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Youth slashed to death at karaoke centre
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Mourinho will win Chelsea the title
- Cops refute Guan Eng's inaction claim
- TNB: Beware of imposters
- Khairy set on 'breaking down walls'
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- Flesh-eating disease victim gets prosthetic hands
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Arsenal eye unsettled Rooney
- Mother of Delhi gang-rape victim pleads for justice: report
- Candice Glover wins 'American Idol'
- Facebook CEO turns 28: Does age matter? More
Johor govt to hold meeting with Pengerang residents on Rapid
MUAR: The Johor Government will hold a meeting with about 2,000 residents in Pengerang, whose land was acquired for the construction of a Petronas Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development (Rapid) complex.
Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said, during the meeting to be held early next month, the government would brief the residents on the relevant National Land Code provisions.
"They will have an opportunity to hear evaluations from the side of the authorities, which they have a right to," he told reporters at his Aidilfitri open house at Sungai Mati, Ledang today.
The event was attended by about 20,000 guests, including MCA president Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek, and state assemblymen.
According to Abdul Ghani, the residents had positively acknowledged the RM60 billion project that would be fully operational in 2017.
Meanwhile, the menteri besar urged Muslims in the state to maintain the Aidilfitri open house culture to prove that unity and harmony existed among the various communities. -- BERNAMA