- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government More
Johor govt to hold meeting with Pengerang residents on Rapid
MUAR: The Johor Government will hold a meeting with about 2,000 residents in Pengerang, whose land was acquired for the construction of a Petronas Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development (Rapid) complex.
Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said, during the meeting to be held early next month, the government would brief the residents on the relevant National Land Code provisions.
"They will have an opportunity to hear evaluations from the side of the authorities, which they have a right to," he told reporters at his Aidilfitri open house at Sungai Mati, Ledang today.
The event was attended by about 20,000 guests, including MCA president Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek, and state assemblymen.
According to Abdul Ghani, the residents had positively acknowledged the RM60 billion project that would be fully operational in 2017.
Meanwhile, the menteri besar urged Muslims in the state to maintain the Aidilfitri open house culture to prove that unity and harmony existed among the various communities. -- BERNAMA