- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- 3 Japanese firms keen to participate in S'pore-KL rail link project: PM
- Chinese flyby of asteroid shows space rock is "rubble"
- Norway offers to fill empty Swedish prison cells
- Malaysia lose to Thailand, Myanmar in sepak takraw
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service More
Johor MB calls on Malays to unite to face challenges
JOHOR BARU: Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman called on the Malays to strengthen their unity to enable them to face common challenges, including from groups making all sorts of demands.
"We can overcome these challenges if we are united," he said after flagging off Umno's flag run in conjunction with the party's 66th anniversary, here today.
Abdul Ghani said Umno had done a lot of good deeds to the country in its 66 years of existence.
"Starting with Datuk Onn Jaafar, we've managed to dismantle British's Malayan Union plan. This blessed party continues today to bring the Malays from one level of progress to the next," he said.
Some 1,000 Johor Umno Youth members led by its chief Mohd Fadil Muskon are involved in the 300km run from Dataran Bandaraya here. The run ends in Ledang on Saturday. -- BERNAMA