- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- Investments up 44% More
Johor MB calls on Malays to unite to face challenges
JOHOR BARU: Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman called on the Malays to strengthen their unity to enable them to face common challenges, including from groups making all sorts of demands.
"We can overcome these challenges if we are united," he said after flagging off Umno's flag run in conjunction with the party's 66th anniversary, here today.
Abdul Ghani said Umno had done a lot of good deeds to the country in its 66 years of existence.
"Starting with Datuk Onn Jaafar, we've managed to dismantle British's Malayan Union plan. This blessed party continues today to bring the Malays from one level of progress to the next," he said.
Some 1,000 Johor Umno Youth members led by its chief Mohd Fadil Muskon are involved in the 300km run from Dataran Bandaraya here. The run ends in Ledang on Saturday. -- BERNAMA