- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- BANTING MURDER: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- S. Korean girl killed by suicide jumper
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Moyes is the real deal
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- US soldier accused of secretly taping naked women
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- Toddler drowns in pail of water More
JOHOR BAHARU: A total 350 participants from nine countries are expected to take part in the Malaysian Open Darts Championship 2012 at Amnasari Residence Resort here from Aug 31 to Sept 2.
Malaysian Darts Association (MAD) secretary K Saegaran said the participants would be from Singapore, Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Thailand, India, Australia, New Zealand and host Malaysia.
He said the three-day championship would be divided into three categories, namely team event, men's single and women's single.
Among local stalwarts vying for honours are Amin Abdul Ghani, Zulrizan Azdan, Mohd Latiff, Jerry Lojitan, Norasime Atan, Cecelia and Pipa Ping, Saegaran told Bernama.
He said the local champions would be pitted against international players to determine their international ranking besides going for the RM33,000 prize money.
Team champion will walk away with RM12,000, men's individual champion (RM2,000) and women's individual (RM1,000), he added. -- BERNAMA