- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activities
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MH370: 24 hours later, still categorised as missing
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MISSING MH370 : Public urged not to speculate news
- MH370: Search and rescue efforts continue off Kelantan coast
- MISSING MH370: 3 Americans on missing MAS airliner
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah More
Kedah DAP upset with Anwar over Alor Star MP candidacy
ALOR STAR: Kedah DAP is upset with opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim for naming a Parti Keadilan Rakyat candidate to contest the Alor Setar parliamentary constituency in the coming general election.
Its chief Lee Guan Aik said he was surprised and upset with Anwar's announcement that Kedah PKR legal bureau chief Gooi Hsiao Leung would contest the parliamentary seat during a ceramah at Taman Berjaya here last night.
"He can say whatever he wants to say for the Alor Setar parliamentary seat.
"As far as we are concerned, the seat allocation in Kedah for Pakatan Rakyat has yet to be finalised.
"I will wait for my party leadership on the final allocation of seats among Pakatan Rakyat component parties," he said when asked on Anwar's announcement.
Lee, who is also Kota Darulaman assemblyman, said he had requested with his party leadership and that of Pakatan Rakyat's to contest the Alor Setar and Padang Serai parliamentary seats in the general election.
Incidentally, PKR had also named one of its vice-presidents N. Surendran to contest in Padang Serai. However, Lee did not comment on the matter.
Kedah DAP had also requested to contest in four state seats. They are Bakar Arang, Gurun, Lunas and Bakar Bata.
PKR candidates had won Bakar Arang and Lunas in the 2008 general election. However, its assemblymen have since abandoned PKR to become independent candidates.
Gurun was won by BN candidate Dr Leong Yong Kong while Kedah Umno chief Datuk Ahmad Bashah Md Hanipah is Bakar Bata assemblyman for the fourth term.