- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH192 Update: Aircraft lands safely at KLIA
- MH370 Tragedy: NOK committee to set date for 'no survivors' announcement
- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- MH192: Passengers express relief and gratitude to heroic pilot
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- GOOGLE: Malaysia’s Top 10 Trending Searches on Google
- Tour bus tragedy updates : UK tourist identified as victim
- MH370 Tragedy: Police have recorded statements from 260 people
- MISSING MH370: Debris found at Straits of Malacca
- 'Unidentified plane is MH370'
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- Tour bus falls into ravine, 1 died
- Mercedes, BMW chase ultra rich clients with new high end cars More
Kedah DAP upset with Anwar over Alor Star MP candidacy
ALOR STAR: Kedah DAP is upset with opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim for naming a Parti Keadilan Rakyat candidate to contest the Alor Setar parliamentary constituency in the coming general election.
Its chief Lee Guan Aik said he was surprised and upset with Anwar's announcement that Kedah PKR legal bureau chief Gooi Hsiao Leung would contest the parliamentary seat during a ceramah at Taman Berjaya here last night.
"He can say whatever he wants to say for the Alor Setar parliamentary seat.
"As far as we are concerned, the seat allocation in Kedah for Pakatan Rakyat has yet to be finalised.
"I will wait for my party leadership on the final allocation of seats among Pakatan Rakyat component parties," he said when asked on Anwar's announcement.
Lee, who is also Kota Darulaman assemblyman, said he had requested with his party leadership and that of Pakatan Rakyat's to contest the Alor Setar and Padang Serai parliamentary seats in the general election.
Incidentally, PKR had also named one of its vice-presidents N. Surendran to contest in Padang Serai. However, Lee did not comment on the matter.
Kedah DAP had also requested to contest in four state seats. They are Bakar Arang, Gurun, Lunas and Bakar Bata.
PKR candidates had won Bakar Arang and Lunas in the 2008 general election. However, its assemblymen have since abandoned PKR to become independent candidates.
Gurun was won by BN candidate Dr Leong Yong Kong while Kedah Umno chief Datuk Ahmad Bashah Md Hanipah is Bakar Bata assemblyman for the fourth term.