- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- Soi Lek's son up for MCA veep post
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- East coast may be hit by second flood wave
- 'Make Sunni Islam official religion'
- World Cup draw 2014: Boateng brothers to square off again in Brazil
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- World Cup draw 2014: Homage to Mandela at World Cup draw
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up More
Kedah DAP upset with Anwar over Alor Star MP candidacy
ALOR STAR: Kedah DAP is upset with opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim for naming a Parti Keadilan Rakyat candidate to contest the Alor Setar parliamentary constituency in the coming general election.
Its chief Lee Guan Aik said he was surprised and upset with Anwar's announcement that Kedah PKR legal bureau chief Gooi Hsiao Leung would contest the parliamentary seat during a ceramah at Taman Berjaya here last night.
"He can say whatever he wants to say for the Alor Setar parliamentary seat.
"As far as we are concerned, the seat allocation in Kedah for Pakatan Rakyat has yet to be finalised.
"I will wait for my party leadership on the final allocation of seats among Pakatan Rakyat component parties," he said when asked on Anwar's announcement.
Lee, who is also Kota Darulaman assemblyman, said he had requested with his party leadership and that of Pakatan Rakyat's to contest the Alor Setar and Padang Serai parliamentary seats in the general election.
Incidentally, PKR had also named one of its vice-presidents N. Surendran to contest in Padang Serai. However, Lee did not comment on the matter.
Kedah DAP had also requested to contest in four state seats. They are Bakar Arang, Gurun, Lunas and Bakar Bata.
PKR candidates had won Bakar Arang and Lunas in the 2008 general election. However, its assemblymen have since abandoned PKR to become independent candidates.
Gurun was won by BN candidate Dr Leong Yong Kong while Kedah Umno chief Datuk Ahmad Bashah Md Hanipah is Bakar Bata assemblyman for the fourth term.