- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- Chong Wei is king again
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2
- MISSING MH370: Thai police target 'passport ring' in vanished flight probe
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: MAS to fly Chinese families to KL
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia welcomes SAR assistance from other countries
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back
- MISSING MH370: Love and support for Capt Zaharie fills social media More
Kedah DAP upset with Anwar over Alor Star MP candidacy
ALOR STAR: Kedah DAP is upset with opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim for naming a Parti Keadilan Rakyat candidate to contest the Alor Setar parliamentary constituency in the coming general election.
Its chief Lee Guan Aik said he was surprised and upset with Anwar's announcement that Kedah PKR legal bureau chief Gooi Hsiao Leung would contest the parliamentary seat during a ceramah at Taman Berjaya here last night.
"He can say whatever he wants to say for the Alor Setar parliamentary seat.
"As far as we are concerned, the seat allocation in Kedah for Pakatan Rakyat has yet to be finalised.
"I will wait for my party leadership on the final allocation of seats among Pakatan Rakyat component parties," he said when asked on Anwar's announcement.
Lee, who is also Kota Darulaman assemblyman, said he had requested with his party leadership and that of Pakatan Rakyat's to contest the Alor Setar and Padang Serai parliamentary seats in the general election.
Incidentally, PKR had also named one of its vice-presidents N. Surendran to contest in Padang Serai. However, Lee did not comment on the matter.
Kedah DAP had also requested to contest in four state seats. They are Bakar Arang, Gurun, Lunas and Bakar Bata.
PKR candidates had won Bakar Arang and Lunas in the 2008 general election. However, its assemblymen have since abandoned PKR to become independent candidates.
Gurun was won by BN candidate Dr Leong Yong Kong while Kedah Umno chief Datuk Ahmad Bashah Md Hanipah is Bakar Bata assemblyman for the fourth term.