- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- Fragments of biblical treasure are up for sale
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Egypt court rules against religious slogans More
Kedah MCA seeks apology from daily over hudud report
ALOR SETAR: Kedah MCA chairman Datuk Chong Itt Chew today sought an apology from a Malay language newspaper over a report it had carried yesterday bearing the headline "MCA Kedah Sokong Hudud" (Kedah MCA Supports Hudud).
He said he was disappointed with the daily for quoting him as having said that Kedah MCA was agreeable to Islamic law when he was never asked about the hudud law during the telephone interview two days before.
"I am disappointed because what was written was different from what I was asked. During the interview, I did not hear the reporter mention the word 'hudud' but the news report is all about hudud," he told reporters here.
Chong said he would send a letter soon to the newspaper as a reminder for all reporters to adhere to the principles of professionalism in disseminating information to the people.
"I will not take any legal action against the reporter and newspaper, but I seek an apology from the daily over the report," he said. -- BERNAMA