- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP More
Kelab Wartawan Muda displeased by Tamil daily's picture
Kelab Wartawan Muda Malaysia, a non-governmental organisation (NGO), today voiced its displeasure over Tamil daily Makkal Ossai using a photograph of participants at the 2013 Putrajaya Youth Festival for a rally organised by the opposition in Petaling Jaya on Saturday.
Its president Dzulkarnain Taib said the newspaper should make a prominent open apology over the matter.
"If the publishing of the picture is deemed prejudicial, legal action can be taken against the newspaper.
"Media, be they print or electronic, must be ethical, not try to induce unwanted perceptions through the articles or pictures published," he told Bernama.
The newspaper had carried the picture in Page Two of its Monday edition.
Meanwhile, a source at Makkal Ossai when contacted by Bernama said the newspaper regretted the mistake and would be issuing an apology as soon as possible. -- BERNAMA