- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- New passport improvement
- Graphic sex in applauded lesbian love story gets Cannes buzzing
- MACC begins investigation on payment in under-age rape victim case
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Muhyiddin wants more aggresive promotion of Msian tourism products
- Immigrations Dept keeping watchful eye over foreigners
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Applications for late registration of births increased tremendously since 2009, RCI told More
KUALA LUMPUR: Kelantan created history by lifting the FA Cup for the first time after a 22-year wait when they narrowly beat Sime Darby FC 1-0 in the final match at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil tonight.
Playing in front of about 85,000 spectators, the Kelantan team known as The Red Warriors, launched attacks on their opponents' half from the start but Sime Darby captained by Es Lizuan Zahid Amir managed to hold on.
Midfielder Indra Putra Mahayuddin failed to score when Kelantan were given a free kick in the 15th minute when his shot went wide.
Play became even more exciting in the second half from both sides, with Kelantan's import player, Mohammed Ghaddar delighting the Kelantan fans into raucous euphoria when he scored the penalty in the 58th minute.
Stunned by the goal, Sime Darby made some dangerous moves forward but Kelantan were in keeper Khairul Fahmi Che Mat's safe hands.
Mohammed Ghaddar tried to increase the score but his shot in the 79th minute went off the mark.
The match ended with Kelantan defeating Sime Darby 1-0.
The FA trophy was presented to the victors by the Sultan of Kelantan, Sultan Muhammad V Ibni Sultan Ismail II, while Sime Darby Es Lizuan was named man of the match. BERNAMA