- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good
- 3 Japanese firms keen to participate in S'pore-KL rail link project: PM
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- Chinese flyby of asteroid shows space rock is "rubble"
- Norway offers to fill empty Swedish prison cells
- Malaysia lose to Thailand, Myanmar in sepak takraw
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating More
KUALA LUMPUR: Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah today attended the 229th meeting of the Conference of Rulers at Istana Negara here.
His Majesty was accompanied by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak. The second-day meeting was also attended by all the Malay rulers, except the sultans of Kedah and Pahang, and the Yang Dipertuas Negeri of Penang, Melaka, Sabah and Sarawak.
Kedah, of which Tuanku Abdul Halim is the sultan, was represented by the chairman of the Council of Regency, Tan Sri Tunku Annuar Sultan Badlishah, and Pahang, by the Tengku Mahkota, Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah.
The Malay rulers were accompanied by the respective menteris besar and the Yang Dipertuas Negeri, by the respective chief ministers.
The two-day meeting was chaired by the Yang Dipertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan, Tunku Mukhriz Ibni Almarhum Tuanku Munawir.-- BERNAMA